Saturday morning we met John's good friend Tony at Sweetie Pies for Breakfast. Of course John indulged in Olallieberry Muffin---his favorite! We got to meet the newest addition to Tony's family, his five-month old son, Nathan.
After breakfast, we headed up to Lake Tahoe. We took the Scenic Drive up Highway 50. On the way up we stopped by the American River in Kyburz to visit and remember Marcia.
From there, we continued up to Tahoe. We started in the Heavenly area by taking a Gondala ride up the mountain for majestic views. Tracy had never seen Lake Tahoe so this was so exciting. We stopped at Inspiration point at Emerald Bay for more great photos and then hiked up to Eagle Falls. As you can see in the pics, we were not quite dressed for a hike. It was a little challenging in flip flops! We were both totally out of breath and pledged to get in better shape---Pronto. We stopped to enjoy the views (and catch our breath.)
From here we stopped at Squaw Valley-Home of the 1960 Winter Olympics. We headed down the mountain to Sacramento. We stopped one more time to see the Donner Memorial. When we made it back into town we treated ourselves to a Chipotle Burrito---something we cannot get here in Albuquerque.
Sunday we enjoyed breakfast with Aunt Liz and Uncle Dave before heading to the Airport. It was a great week of seeing beautiful sights, friends and family!
4 comments:
I am glad that you both had such a good time this weekend with family and friends. The scenery in your pictures looks fantastic. Someday Dad and I will have to check out Placerville and the Lake Tahoe area. I think I will try Olallieberry Muffins, too, and you know I am not a dare devil! Love, Mom
It looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Glad to see you finally being able to vacation together!! Hope to see you soon! Love, Jeni
I love that you have started a blog! The pictures were great, and it looks like you had a wonderful time. I am also very pleased that you stopped by the river to remember Marcia. It is such a beautiful spot and will always remain special, just like her.
Love, Mom
John, I read this blog some months back and it has taken me this long to post a blog as it is still a sore spot in my heart not having Marcia to enjoy life with. I am glad that you are carrying on remembering her as that is what she would have wanted. I commute everyday right now from Minden, NV to El Dorado Hills,CA for work everyday and pass this very beautiful spot. There is not a day that goes by that she doesn't cross my mind at least once a day. I am thankful to still have you as a part of my life as I loved your sister my best friend very much. I just wanted to let you know I think of you and your family often and wanted you to know I love you little bro and thank you again for keeping Marcia and the memories we all have of her alive. Love and miss you dearly your sis forever, Jerusha
Post a Comment